Here we are waiting for the big “Blizzard of 2015” and are asking all of you what you are cooking tonight and tomorrow to keep yourselves (and your families) warm and comfy. I just put this in the oven a little bit ago and already the scent of orange and lemon is making it’s way to the back of the house where I am sitting. I think I will serve this with a salad and a side of rice. I’d better go put the rice on now. The chicken’s going to be done before I know it. Stay safe and warm!!!
Oven Roasted Citrus Chicken
¼ cup olive oil
6 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
2 lemons, sliced
1 lemon, juiced
1 orange, sliced
1 orange, juiced
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp sage
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
Pinch of salt and pepper
4-5 lbs bone-in chicken pieces (thighs and legs preferred)
1 onion, sliced
1. Pre-heat oven to 425°.
2. Combine all ingredients except for the chicken and orange, lemon and onion slices in a large roasting dish.
3. Whisk them together.
4. Add chicken and rub sauce all over pieces.
5. Arrange chicken skin side up.
6. Add orange, lemon and onion slices.
7. Sprinkle everything with a little more salt and pepper.
8. Bake uncovered for one hour or until chicken is cooked through and all juices run clear.