This salad can accompany any main dish! The robust, earthy flavor of the Lacinato shines here, but by massaging it you not only muddle the texture of the Kale, which is tough in nature, but you make it more accessible for everybody. Couple this with the inherent beauty of Lacinato Kale, and you have yourself a fabulous, easy salad dish!
- 1 bunch Kale, stalks removed and discarded, leaves thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- ¼ tsp. Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp. thyme
- 1 small Shallot, minced
1. In large serving bowl, add the Kale, half of lemon juice, a drizzle of oil and a little kosher salt. Massage until the kale starts to soften and wilt, 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside while you make the dressing.
2. In a small bowl, whisk remaining lemon juice with the olive oil, pepper, thyme and shallots.
3. Whisk until a dressing forms, add salt and pepper to taste
Add dressing to Kale, massage again.
Refrigerate for several hours, or even overnight. Mix Kale well before serving.