I don’t think I could survive the heat of July and August without a heaping bunch of countless Cucumbers. This gazpacho really accentuates the coolness that cukes provide while presenting a bit of heat with a jalapeño and a velvety texture from the olive oil. I could eat this everyday (and plan on it!)
- 3-4 medium cucumbers, peeled and seeded.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and deveined
- 6-7 fresh basil leaves
- 2 small cloves of garlic
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Olive oil for drizzling
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree.
3. Place puree in a bowl and refrigerate for an hour or up to 24 hours. This will help marry the flavors.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper when ready to serve, garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and cucumber matchsticks. Enjoy!