It’s that time again, you know, the dog days of summer…the middle of July! This Chilled Corn Soup helps with that by being incredibly easy to make, as well as delicious. Kiss those humid days goodbye!
- 3 ears corn, shucked
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, more for garnish
- 3 scallions, or a small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, more to taste
- 1 fat garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for garnish
1. Slice kernals off of the corn, you should have 3-4 cups, and place in the blender
2. Add buttermilk, basil, scallions (or onions) lime juice, garlic, salt, and 1/3 cup of ice cubes. Purée until smooth.
3. Strain mixture through sieve, or simple household strainer, and serve with chopped basil and drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Melissa Clark of the NYT