- 4 large ripe peaches
- 5 tablespoons apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- Ice cream (optional…but recommended)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut in half 4 large, ripe peaches
- Remove the pits and place the peach halves cut side up in a 9- by 13-inch shallow baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the apricot jam, honey, water, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Spoon the mixture over the peach halves and sprinkle each half with ½ teaspoon sugar.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until the peaches are tender. Very ripe peaches will cook faster. Check several times during baking, basting them with their juices each time you do.
- Serve warm, with ice cream, or just drizzle the juices over the top for a delicious sauce.
*Recipe courtesy of The Art of Simple Food by Alice Waters.